Mayo Clinic Essential Guide to Prostate Health
Many prostate problems — even cancer — can now be easily treated. Thanks to medical advances and important new discoveries at Mayo Clinic and other leading medical centers, we can share great news with Mayo Clinic Essential Guide to Prostate Health.
This book is based on advice that Mayo Clinic doctors share every day in caring for their patients. In this book you will find:
· When to get a prostate checkup, and what to expect
· Our latest recommendations on prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing, with detailed information on normal PSA levels by age
· How doctors diagnose and treat an enlarged prostate, including new information on the two types of drugs currently used to significantly reduce symptoms of prostate enlargement
· New guidance on managing incontinence and impotence, two common side effects of prostate treatment
· Current medical options for treating advanced prostate cancer
· New advances that mean better prostate cancer survival rates
· What to expect after prostate surgery, including information on recovery time and getting on with life
· Medical assessments of popular alternative therapies
· And more
Mayo Clinic Essential Guide to Prostate Health is an easy-to-read yet comprehensive guide to understanding, treating and living with prostate disease. It’s just the kind of thorough book you would expect from a world leader in medicine — Mayo Clinic.