Childhood Leukemia: A Guide for Families, Friends & Caregivers
Approximately 4,500 children and teens are diagnosed with leukemia in the United States and Canada each year. The illness and its treatment can have a devastating effect on family, friends, classmates, and the larger community. This newly updated edition of Childhood Leukemia contains the information and support parents need during this difficult time, including:
- New treatments such as immunotherapy, tailoring drugs dosages to children's genetic profiles, and ways to deal with side effects.
- Advice on how to cope with procedures, hospitalization, school, family, and financial issues.
- Tips for forming a partnership with the medical team.
- Poignant and practical stories from family members.
- Updated resources for medical information, emotional support, and financial assistance.
Parents who read this book will find understandable medical information and emotional support.